Penny is recognised as a highly successful International Organisation Development Consultant, having led and designed significant transformational change initiatives over the past 25 years. Prior to this, she held commercial and managerial roles in the Financial Services Sector.
She creates lasting impact by challenging and supporting others to explore their attitudes, assumptions, behaviours, and decision-making processes; through a range of interventions, such as:
- Global Leadership Development Programmes
- Client Account Management Workshops
- Strategic processes
- C – Level Coaching
- Team effectiveness events
For example, Penny supports PwC globally on a range of projects, and has been central to developing and delivering the firms client relationship strategy – working with Global Leaders, and Senior Partners. She is one of the lead facilitators for PwC’s key talent programme (‘My Way’). She also works at a senior level, that is, Ministers; Finance Directors; Presidents; General Managers in the following organisations: UK Government; Irish Life and Permanent; Shell; HSBC and the B.G. Group. Her particular interests include: Communication Strategies; Whole Systems Change; CRM; Diversity; Creating Empowered Cultures; and Performance Management processes.
- Inspiring leadership
- Learning design
- Trusted Advisor
- Emotional resilience
- Results orientated
Master’s Degree in Management Learning, Lancaster University, (UK)
Institute of Personnel Management – Distinction
Current: Co-founder and Director of Core Context Consulting Ltd
Non-Executive Director of British Dressage (Appointed in 2008)
1985-2001: Sheppard Moscow Ltd : Director and Organisational Development Consultant
1983-1985: Digital Equipment Corporation : European Consultant (Learning & Development)
1977-1983: Abbey National Building Society : Manager, Management Skills DepartmentExamples of Significant Achievements
- Designed and implemented a consultative forum for the Department of Education in Northern Ireland, to engage their key stakeholders.
- Designed and implemented a range of interventions to increase the capability of the internal business consulting team in the Northern Ireland Civil Service.
- Have built a global client base in the past 15 years.
- Completed a Master’s degree (part-time) whilst in full-time employment.
- Worked with Repak (Ireland) to revitalise their culture; and implement a performance management system.
- Developed and implemented the strategy in Sheppard Moscow Ltd to increase the number of offices from one to five. The new offices were based in Boston, Brussels, Dublin and Edinburgh. This was achieved over an 18 month period.
- Introduced a new membership category for British Dressage i.e. ‘Associate Membership’, in 2010. The total number of members in this category is now 19,000.
- Coached Theresa Smyth during her assessment on the Young Professional Award Scheme, British Dressage – which she won in 2010.
- Designed and led a number of interventions in Irish Life and Permanent, in support of a major change programme. The key changes included implementing a new organisation structure and processes, and up skilling the executive and management population.
- Have coached many executives resulting in increased fulfilment, impact and promotion.
- Have lead, and supported a number of initiatives in British Dressage – the organisation is now seen as much more professional and transparent. This has included the review of contracts; establishing partnerships opportunities e.g. Dressage Everywhere; and developing the Management Team.
- Created a virtual, global consulting organisation with approximately 30 associates.
- Worked in partnership with Insead to design and implement a global Senior Executive Programme for Shell.
- Co-created Core Context’s website (www.corecontext.co.uk)
- Head facilitator for key talent programme (‘My Way’) in PwC.